Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend.

Nice 3-day weekend for me. We got permission to start construction in our yard, so I spend Friday ripping out our old patio so that I could level it off and re-install it before we begin the rest of the construction. I didn't hit the gym at all because my work outs consisted of lugging around 75 lb bags of sand and gravel, running relays with them on my shoulder from the car and though the house to the yard. Nice, functional strength!

I was planning on drying a bunch of crispy almonds and a batch of jerky in my new L'Equip dehydrator....I soaked the nuts, I marinated 8 lbs of thinly sliced beef....I loaded the dehydrator with nuts, plugged it in and.....a few hours later the fan stopped working and part of the machine melted! whoa! Not fun. Still deciding what I should do. Return and refund or return and get a new one.....

Sunday's dinner was great. We went to a local Italian place where I usually just get a steak and veggies. Their calamari salad caught my eye so I got that as an appetizer. Yum - it's the best dish I've ever eaten in this restaurant! My main course was a green bean salad with sliced steak. This was the 2nd best thing I've ever had here. Winner! Enough left over to have again for tomorrow. Calamari for breakfast! I'm going to try to recreate this dish as I think it would be fantastic to have during the hotter months. Stand by for recipes....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean.